Another Friday, another chance for you to get a great deal on the gear you need to hit the water with authority this season.
Visit WakeAction on Facebook to grab the promo code that can save you an additional 10% off our Clearance Boards. Once you have the code, just enter it at check-out to receive the extra 10% discount.
And just to be clear, these boards aren’t dogs. They include: Hyperlite Tribute Series, Marek Nova, and Franchise; the 2010 Byerly Assault; Ronix One and Viva Tungsten; and Liquid Force Watson Classic, Trip, Luna and Witness.
The sale starts today, 2/17 and runs through Sunday, 2/19. Questions? Visit us at www.wakeaction.com and use our live chat to get instant answers.
The first thing someone asks when they are looking at wake surfboards is how do I pick the right board for me? With so many choices it can be confusing. Here are some simple tips for picking the right board.
First, ask yourself who is going to be using the board? Typically several people will be using the same board so you need to know a weight range for those people and pick a board for that weight range.
Next, what are you going to do with the board? Are you a beginner just learning to surf? Have you been surfing for awhile and want something more aggressive than the board you started with? Are you looking for a board you can spin? Are you looking for a super aggressive board?
If you’re just learning to surf you want a board that’s designed for stability and has a user-friendly shape. A board anyone on the boat can use and enjoy. Entry level boards are typically less expensive most are priced between $299 and $350. Beginner/Intermediate boards to look at are:
- CWB’s The Ride which is compression molded has an EVA tip protector and comes with a surf rope and how to DVD.
- Hyperlite’s 5′ 11″ Landlock is super stable, easy-to-use and extra buoyant;
- The newly designed 4′ 8″ and 5′ 4″ Hyperlite Broadcast is made of layered glass which makes it fast, light and super maneuverable but still stable enough for a beginner;
- Liquid Force’s 5′, 5’3″ or 5’6″ Fishis designed with a fuller shape to provide maximum float and drive while the swallow tail makes the board looser through the back which allows you to turn and hack at will.
Spin boards can be great fun and are a great addition to the board you already have. Look at CWB’s skim inspired high performance Tsunami and Hyperlite’s rolled edge monocoque-construction Co Ex series.
Ready to elevate your level of stoke? Try one of these great boards for the ultimate in wake slashing performance.
- Ronix’s Koal at 4’6″, 5′ or 5′ 6″ has surf inspired construction, it’s light, fast and buoyant;
- Liquid Force’s 4′ 10″ Custom will have you ripping like a pro, it’s lightweight and turns on a button;
- CWB’s Blackjack has hand-wrapped surf board construction and a twin tip design;
- Byerly’s 4′ 8″ Hazard and the new 5′ 6″ size, both shaped by Scott “Butch” Bouchard who lives on Coco Beach and has been surfing since he could walk, is a board with an awe inspiring ride.
Still need help choosing the right wake surfer for you? Give WakeAction a toll-free call at 866-581-9133 and talk to one of our pros. Or visit wakeaction.com.